Difference between revisions of "Name Changes"
(Created page with "After submitting a name change request to CIT and the change has been formally verified by the Oberlin College Registrar or HR, a new username will be established for you. You...")
Revision as of 16:53, 17 February 2016
After submitting a name change request to CIT and the change has been formally verified by the Oberlin College Registrar or HR, a new username will be established for you. Your old username will remain alongside your new one for two weeks to allow you adequate time to notify your contacts of the change.
Please follow these steps to complete the process on your end:
- Notify any of your contacts who may have your old username in an address book or OCMail contacts list that your username has changed and the old address must be removed. E-mail sent to this old address will bounce after two weeks.
- Log in to OCMail and change the name associated with your new username:
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of any OCMail page and choose Mail Settings.
- Click on the Accounts tab.
- To the right of Send mail as, click on the edit info link.
- Choose the radio button beside the blank and type in your preferred display name. This is not your official username, but will display when you send mail, create OCDocs, create or make changes to OCCal calendars and other OCApps.
Please note: email, documents and calendars you created prior to the change may still retain the old username. Rest assured that anything newly created will be identified under your new username.