PaperCut Web Print
PaperCut Web Print can be used to print to any public lab printer on campus using your own computer and will decrement funds from your account. In short, a user uploads his or her file through the web print system, selects a printer, and picks up the job in the appropriate lab.
Acceptable File Types
|Application / File Type||File Extension(s)|
|Microsoft Office Excel||xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx|
|Microsoft Office PowerPoint||pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx|
|Microsoft Office Word||doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx|
Using PaperCut Web Print
1. If you are on Windows and the PaperCut popup window (Figure 2) is not visible, click the PaperCut icon on the bottom right of your screen. Alternatively go to https://papercut.cc.oberlin.edu:9192/user
2. On the popup window click the “Details...” link in the lower right corner.
3. A web browser window will open with the PaperCut login prompt. Enter your ObieID username and password and then click “Log In.”
4. Once you’ve logged in, the PaperCut summary window will load. Click the “Web Print” link on the left hand side of the window.
5. This is the Web print window. To begin click the “Submit a Job” link.
6. The next window will have a list of printers. Go ahead and select whichever printer you wish to print to. Scroll down to the bottom of the window and click the “Print Options and Account Selection” button to continue.
7. Select the number of copies of your document you wish to print and click “Upload Document.”
8. Now select your document to upload by clicking “Browse.” Please make sure your document is in one of the listed supported document types. Note: If you are using a Mac and your document is not a supported type, you can go to File -> Print, and then click the “Save as PDF” option. Once you’ve saved it you can upload this PDF instead.
9. A file upload window will open. Navigate to where your file is saved, select it and click “Upload.” The window will close. Then click “Upload and Complete” to print your document.