Setting up OCMail on iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
From CIT Wiki
(Redirected from OCMail and iPhone)
This information was written for iOS 8.3. The directions for other software versions may differ slightly. For additional assistance, please contact the CIT Help Desk.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- In Settings, choose "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
- In "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", choose "Add Account...".
- Under "Add Account...", choose "Other".
- Choose Add Mail Account.
- Enter your information as shown below:
- Name: Jane Doe
- Address: email@example.com
- Password: ********
- Description: OCMail
- Tap "Next".
- Under Incoming Mail Server type the Host Name imap.gmail.com and the username firstname.lastname@example.org (substitute your email address here).
- Under Outgoing Mail Server type the Host Name smtp.gmail.com, the username email@example.com, (substitute your email address here), and your email password.
- Tap Next".
Your device will now verify your account.
- Choose whether you'd like to sync your Mail, Notes or both. Choose Save.
- Congratulations! Your iPhone or iPod Touch should now be set up to work with OCMail!