If you're new to Oberlin, you'll need to complete a few steps to configure your OCMail account for the first time.
Step 1: Change Your Password
The initial password you received in your Big Book of Forms—your birthdate in the form mmddyyyy—must be changed to a password of your choice before you can check your email. Change your password using the OCPass.
Step 2: Log In to OCMail
Step 3: Set Up Your Firstname.Lastname Address
- Click on the gear in the upper right-hand corner and choose Settings. Open the Accounts tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address you own.
- In the Name field, enter your full name.
- In the Email address field, enter your alternate e-mail address in the form firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. OCMail will send a verification message to your OCMail inbox; confirm.
- Click the link in the message OCMail sent or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your OCMail settings.
- Back under the Accounts tab, click Make Default beside the address you wish to use.
Begin Using OCMail
Your OCMail account will now look and function just like a regular GMail account. For more information about OCMail, please visit the OCApps Portal.