The Office of the Registrar (students) and Human Resources (faculty and staff) are the starting points for all name changes on campus. Once you have notified the appropriate office, CIT will be notified and a new username will be established for you.
Your old username will remain alongside your new one for two weeks to allow you adequate time to notify your contacts of the change.
Please follow these steps to complete the process on your end:
- Log in to OCMail.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of any OCMail page and choose Settings.
- Click on the Accounts tab.
- In the Send mail as: section, click edit info beside your Oberlin email address.
- Type in your chosen display name. This is not your official username, but will display when you send mail, create OCDocs, create or make changes to OCCal calendars and other OCApps.
- Notify any of your contacts who may have your old username in an address book or OCMail contacts list that your username has changed and the old address must be removed. E-mail sent to this old address will bounce after two weeks.
Please note: email, documents and calendars you created prior to the change may still retain the old username. Rest assured that anything newly created will be identified under your new username.