CrashPlan Notification Settings
CrashPlan sends email notifications to let you know when it fails to back up. These notifications will be sent from Code42 <firstname.lastname@example.org>. This happens in the case of failure as well as when your computer is asleep or turned off; if you get a notification after the end of a long weekend or vacation, there's no need to worry. CrashPlan will continue to back up normally when you restart your computer. If, however, you receive a notification when your computer has been up and running for a while, please contact the CIT Help Desk for assistance in getting your backup working properly.
If you would prefer to change the frequency of notifications:
- On a Mac, go to your Applications folder, open CrashPlan. For Windows, choose All Programs, then the folder CrashPlan PROe, then the application CrashPlan PROe.
- Choose the Settings tab on the left.
- From the “Backup Status and Alerts” section click the button labeled “Configure…” next to “Email:”
- A box labeled “Email Settings” will appear. Within it you can specify whether and how often you receive email from CrashPlan.
- Once you have made your changes, click “Ok” and close CrashPlan.
- If you have more than one device on CrashPlan you will need to do this for each device.