From CIT Wiki
If you're new to Oberlin, you'll need to complete a few steps to configure your OCMail account for the first time.
Step 1: Change Your Password
The initial password you received in your Big Book of Forms—your birthdate in the form mmddyyyy—must be changed to a password of your choice before you can check your email. Change your password using the ObieID Self-Service Portal.
Step 2: Wait 10 Minutes
It takes Google about 10 minutes to synch with your ObieID password after the initial change. If you try to log in to OCMail before it has become effective, you'll receive a username/password mismatch error.
Step 3: Log In to OCMail
Use your ObieID and the password you just set to log in to OCMail at http://ocmail.oberlin.edu.
Step 4: Set Up Your Firstname.Lastname Address
- Click on the gear in the upper right-hand corner and choose Mail Settings. Open the Accounts tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address.
- In the Name field, enter your full name.
- In the Email address field, enter your alternate e-mail address in the form firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. OCMail will send a verification message to your OCMail inbox; confirm.
- Click the link in the message OCMail sent or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your OCMail settings.
- Back under the Accounts tab, click Make Default beside the address you wish to use.
Begin Using OCMail
Your OCMail account will now look and function just like a regular GMail account. For more information about OCMail, please visit the OCApps Portal.